When it comes to cigars, there is an embarrassment of riches. The downside is having to choose between so many good brands. It can be hard to narrow down the cigar brands you want to try—and downright tricky, at first, to find ones you’re guaranteed to like. Dodge spending your hard-earned money on cigars you don’t enjoy. According to our own study of what brands users are searching for on the internet, these are the top 5 most popular cigar brands you’ll love to puff on.
(Looking for something a little more trendy? Also check out our Top Cigars to Smoke in 2023.)
Arturo Fuente Cigars
A popular cigar brand that has been around since 1912, these cigars come from the Dominican Republic and have gained huge popularity among new smokers, due to their mild flavor profile and affordable prices. Arturo Fuente cigars are great for beginners because they offer an easy draw, creamy smoke, and subtle flavor profiles.
Arturo Fuente makes a variety of cigars using blends of Dominican-grown tobacco. All of their cigars are made using time honored traditions passed down through the Fuente family.
- Chateau Fuente cigars are surrounded by Connecticut Shade or Ecuador Sungrown wrappers. They’re masterfully blended from the Fuentes’ private reserve of aged tobaccos. Carefully crafted, mellow-to-medium-bodied, and beautifully constructed. They’re balanced and complex with toasted coffee bean and rich nutty notes.
- Hemingway is another top-selling Arturo Fuente cigar, and its popularity dates back to the 1920s. One might have been seen smoking this with a flapper girl at the picture show or heading off to the bullfights. The Hemingway is still just as enjoyable today, 100+ years later. This is considered a Perfecto cigar, traditionally hand-rolled so it bows in the middle, giving the Hemingway its distinct shape.
Macanudo is one of the most popular cigar brands today, thanks to their cigars’ consistent quality and unique flavor profiles which appeal to even the pickiest of smokers. Whether you’re just getting into smoking or have been for years, this is a brand we highly recommend when looking for your next go-to stogie. Macanudo crafts complex, award-winning blends, including the Inspirado line.
- Inspirado White draws in a creamy smoke, with hints of spice. Featuring an outer tobacco wrapper that has been aged for six years, this cigar is flavorful and complex. Inspirado White cigars never fail to impress and are approachable for smokers of every level.
This special smoke makes excellent gifts for friends or family members who appreciate fine cigars. It’s elegant and refined but doesn’t carry a top-shelf price tag. Hell, you might just need to treat yourself to a box!
One-of-a-kind, unique, and inspiring. Despite the name, these are not psychedelic, so don’t get your hopes up as far as that goes. In fact, Drew Estate—makers of the ACID cigar line—doesn’t divulge too much about what their ACID cigars taste like. But each is guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds every time you light one up. Our favorites from this line range from light to medium bodied.
- Cold Infusion cigars are crafted with a Connecticut Shade wrapper. It has a lighter, more refreshing taste that won’t linger when you’re finished smoking.
- Kuba Kuba cigars feature a Sumatra wrapper that gives it a punchy flavor. You’ll get notes of spice with a medium-body mouthfeel.
ACID cigar makers say the fun in smoking these is deciding what flavors and notes you pick up on while you’re enjoying one.
Isla del Sol Cigars
Founded in New York City in 1996, Drew Estate has become one of the fastest-growing tobacco companies globally. They’ve been innovating new elements to the tobacco industry with their unique tobaccos and blending styles, attracting new and seasoned cigar enthusiasts.
- Isla del Sol Maduro is a unique best-selling cigar by Drew Estate that is blended with a special triple-Nicaraguan-leaf mix, infused with coffee, and wrapped in maduro leaf that’s finished with a sweetened cap. Yes, you read that right–a sweetened cap! Mmm, what a stroke of genius to mix with mellow cocoa notes. If this isn’t a dessert cigar, then we don’t know what is.
Drew Estate does it again! They put out a bundled collection of four blends in four different sizes every cigar lover can afford. The blends are: Factory Smokes Maduro, Factory Smokes Shade, Factory Smokes Sun Grown, and Factory Smokes Sweet. Factory Smokes are made for sharing, creating new memories, or savoring in solitude. Whatever your day looks like, these blends are meant to be enjoyed.
- Factory Smokes Sweet is a clear winner for us. If you have a little bit of a sweet tooth, this one was made for you. A well-crafted cigar with a sweet-tipped Habano wrapper and an Indonesian binder. The flavor is subtly sweet, giving you crisp tobacco, creamy coffee, and a clean hint of vanilla.
Sweet, spicy, creamy, complex–these beloved cigar brands are in the top 5 for good reason. We happily carry all of these popular brands, so you can make Flying Cigar Co. your go-to cigar supplier when you need to stock up for parties, games, or to enjoy on any ordinary day.